Sunday, December 09, 2012

Mt Rose Summit Again!

I made it to the top. Heaven on Earth maybe?
So it was nearing the end of Summer and I decided to see one of my favorite places again. The Mt Rose Summit trail is my go to thinking and pondering trail. I like to use it to iron out my stinking thinking and get ready for Winter. Usually I make the hike toward the end of Summer right around the time of the Reno Air Races. This year the weather was wonderful as I cleared away a Monday for a free morning to hit the hill again. This year I decided to try and run up to the summit.



Looking down towards Reno.
I guess I forgot how steep this trail gets as it totally kicked my ass this year. I made it but not before having to go into a power walk up some sections of the trail. Wow, it was steep! It was till a blast and really just what I was looking for to clear my head and make me feel alive. Once at the top I stopped to check out the view and let me tell you it was breathtaking. 360 degrees of amazing beauty. Tahoe, Truckee, carson City and Reno all within a turn at the top. I sat and pondered and remembered all the great thinks I had experienced this year. I thought of the thinks I was going to do in the time before I would be back here again. I sort of just let my mind wander and it was great.

I took a few photos while I was there to remember the day and then put my head back on my shoulders and got ready for the decent. Ran all the way back to the parking lot coming down then had a cold chocolate milk and a power bar and headed back home.

What a great day. I still glance up at Mt Rose when I drive down the road and remember the summit and the beauty and the power it seems to have to take my troubles away. Can't wait to get back ... just as soon as the snow melts enough. I do wonder if folks snowshoe to the summit in the Winter? Well maybe someday, for now I will wait.

Peace, Love and Bliss,

Don

No comments: