Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Adventure...In Search of the Perfect Mate'


Ahoy friends and welcome to our mini adventure.

We are in Medford Oregon this Memorial Day weekend visiting with family and still buzzing about our upcoming Disneyland adventure. In addition, I have decided to make an extra effort to find the perfect Mate' drink. You have to understand that I just love a good glass of mate' and have almost completely replaced most other drinks with my new obsession.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day and I am off to beautiful Ashland to find someone that will make me the finest glass of mate' I have ever had. I am fully ready to make a scene or create a fuss or whatever comes out of me when I taste this perfect brew.

I have been looking around Medford and it seems that most here either don't know what mate' is or don't care. I have found that even though it is just a few miles down the road, Ashland is a world apart from Medford and quite the funky little town (and you know how I love those funky little towns).

For more information about my quest, check out Heartsong and see why I need to taste this stuff for myself.

There is also a CD shop in Ashland that said to be the coolest in the country. According to Linda Ronstadt, it is "The greatest independent record store in the World." (and you know how much I like Linda Ronstadt.) So anyway, I hope to find a couple of CD's I have benn looking for there.

Then Ash and I may go to a play, maybe even something by Shakespeare!

So tomorrow, lot's of pictures of our adventure and the results of our search. See you then!

Later...

Don

No comments: