Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Just Do It!


I plan alot. Probably way too much it seems to create some excitement and help make whatever I am planning come around just a bit faster. As soon as I have something penciled in, a vacation or show or whatever, I make a countdown clock and start my planning.

I read in Outside magazine the other day this little bit of wisdom.

"If you wait until you have everything ready, every detail dialed, every piece of worst-case-scenario gear squared away, you'll never leave. Instead, learn to master the elusive art that makes adventure possible: the ill-planned, under-financed departure..."

It caused me to recall the early days of our marriage and dating when we would just jump in the old VW and off we would go. Disneyland on a shoestring, no problem. Even if the tires were flat on the car because they were so bald the day after a trip, we still went out and did and had a ball doing it.

Lord help me to be spontaneous and willing to try new things at a moments notice. To not become as those that have become set in their ways with no room for adventure. Amen...

Peace to you and Love,

Don

No comments: